Monday, October 09, 2006

It's The Weekend!! Pt 2


If you have money to spend, Geylang is the place to be during this time of the year. It is THE place to be.

Lots of things are up for sale for the festive season. Cushion covers, table mats, floor mats, curtains, lightings, vases, flowers both real and fakes, frames, baju melayu (traditional malay clothing), shoes, slippers, and so on and so forth.. Too many things, too little money.

Don't go there if you don't feel like spending because just watching people spend makes you do the same. I myself bought 2 pieces of carpets (among other things) and ended up giving 1 to my in laws because there is no place to put it in my house.

Just for the fun of it, you should go there. That is where the holiday mood will start to build in you. All sort of people of different races may it be malay, chinese or indian are they to get the best bargains. Of course you have to bare the crowd, but you wouldn't have it any other way. It is the festive season after all.

So to all my family and friends back home, I wish you all 'Selamat Hari Raya'. Its a shame I can't be there with you all this year.


No comments: