Sunday, October 01, 2006

So Hungry!!!


Its 3 in the afternoon. I'm queueing up to buy food for the breaking of fast for this evening. (I actually wrote this down, funny enough, with a pen and notebook).

Once a year for a month, during the fasting season, keen money makers set up small stalls in certain places all over Singapore. It usually opens just after 12 midday and closes around 7 at night. The one I'm at now is at Jurong West.

They're quite a few choices of food here, nasi lemak, nasi ayam, variety of 'kuehs' and drinks.. all those that you can bring home to look at til 7pm, when you break your fast.

Heheh.. Goodah?


Queues are not usually long where your turn would be around 5-10 minutes, but this pa
rticular line is very, very long.















You gotto be kidding right?
Can you see the lady in black on the right side of the left photo? I am 4 persons behind her. All this for food. Hehe.. and you only do this when you're hungry.


Someone told me that this line takes you to the ever popular food called 'Nasi Ambeng'. I don't really know what it is but it must be good, has to be good.. or else why would people line up and wait? Well, we shall soon see.

An old man just passed me and stopped to talk to the person behind me. I overheard him saying that he came here to start queueing at 1 (yes, there was already a line at 1) only to be served at a quarter past 2. It must be true because 25 minutes has passed and I barely took 6 steps.

So here I am under the scorching sun, hungry and thirsty, waiting for my time to come until around the 40 minute mark, the lady from the counter came up and said that there might not be enough anymore. Damn... People didn't start dispersing, they just stayed in line, hoping to get lucky. Me? I was deciding whether to carry on or not, there was around 15 more in front of me. I didn't want to waste 40 minutes of my life for nothing so I'm still in line.

However it was not to be. 5 minutes later, everything was gone. So I don't know how good it is and I cant tell you till I try it.







This was what I was queueing for.. Maybe next time.. if I can guarantee I won't waste another 40 minutes of my miserable life.

No comments: