Monday, October 02, 2006

Sundays Ain't No Funday


Yesterday was not a good day for me. I shouldn't have gotten out of bed... but I did. I was so upset that I told myself to forget about it and I did. Which was why I failed to mentioned about it on yesterday's post.

There is a place in Singapore which is like a warehouse where you can store anything you like. They rent out a room, you get your own padlock and WALLA!! you have yourself a storage room. It's not cheap but if you stay in Singapore, houses are small and space is limited.

Anyways, I've booked a room 3 weeks ago for my in-laws personal items and also movers to (you guessed it!!) move the stuff there.

Yesterday was the day when things was suppose to happen. The scenario.. My in-laws at the starting point, me at the other end.

First thing that went wrong was the movers price went up to an extra $150 because there were too many things to carry. I manage to lower it down to $100 but it was still a blow. Then when I got to the warehouse, nobody was there to meet us. It didn't look too bad then because we were given the code number to get into. That didn't work. Called the manager's hand phone number, can't get through.

If you thought things couldn't get any worse, you are so wrong. The movers was already on their way here. I have no choice but to tell the movers to carry the items back to the starting point.. and because they had already carried them to the truck, I was charged the full amount. Damn Murphy. Half the day gone just like that.

I settled everything today. It turned out that the manager was relieved from his duties and he had forgotten to mention about me to the new manager. My movers fee was compensated and everything was in the storage room.

So everything is fine... now if I can only get back my 12 hour of misery...


No comments: